Terms And Conditions:
We're not big on legal mumbo-jumbo, but unfortunately as time goes on, we realize that a few 'bad apples' force legal guidance upon all of us, so we need to cover a few things...
By using this website (http://www.canadatulle.com, http://www.tullestore.com, http://canadaribbon.com, http://buyribbon.ca) or online store, you agree to the following conditions:
Product Origins and Testing
- As a manufacturer/distributor of unfinished goods (ie. fabric, parts), our products are not required to be certified or tested to meet safety guidelines. It is your responsibility to certify the final product. Safety standards only apply to the finished product. However, it is our belief that only by starting with safe products can we ensure the safety of the finished product.
- Unless specified, none of our products are finished. They are designed for boutiques, crafters, designers and otherwise to use in their own products. For instance, alligator clips are just that -- unlined metal clips. Flowers are partially assembled with a stem backing, but do not have a full stem, and are not attached to any kind of clip, etc.
- Our tulle fabric is made with care in North America and is tested regularly to meet guidelines surrounding apparel fabric, however if you have a requirement for a specific certification, please let us know. We can arrange for any level of testing and certification and can advise of such costs as required. The CPSIA does not require certification of Nylon Tulle fabric made within NAFTA countries.
- Our Printed Polyester Tulle and Specialty Tulle are made in North America and have been tested in an independent lab and exceed Class 1 standards for textiles, with a 'Did Not Ignite' rating.
Our bottle caps are made in the USA and are tested to ensure compliance with any lead content standards, and are classed at 'lead free' by independent lab tests.
- Our veiling is manufactured in Taiwan by one of the oldest and last remaining veil mills to the highest possible standards. The CPSIA does not require our veiling to be certified, however it is tested regularly by our factory.
- Our no-roll elastic is made in the USA to apparel standards.
- All other products are manufactured at hand-picked factories in China unless otherwise noted. We take great pride in our partner manufacturers and their quality. If you require testing certificates, please contact us prior to ordering.
- We have chosen FedEx as our shipping partner. In rural areas where FedEx cannot deliver at a reasonable rate, Canada Post is also offered. Please note that although we ship Expedited Parcel service, we have had issues with delayed or missing packages through Canada Post in the past.
- FedEx deliveries to residential addresses are NOT GUARANTEED for on-time delivery. Although FedEx has been very good at meeting or exceeding their delivery standards, they will only guarantee on-time delivery to commercial addresses. In the event of a service delay of more than 1 day, we can apply for a shipping credit on your request which may include the basic transportation costs, but not any surcharges (which includes fuel surcharge, taxes, rural surcharges, insurance, signature service, etc). A credit equal to the value of the refund provided to us will be returned to you.
- We ship only by registered courier and provide delivery confirmation via the postal or courier service. You accept that per normal postal delivery standards, your parcel may be dropped off without signature, or at a neighboring business or home. This will be consistent with your current delivery arrangements and you are responsible for the delivery once the postal service or courier acknowledges delivery. If you require signature on delivery service, please contact us.
- If everything is in-stock, our goal is to pack your order by the following shipping day. Orders placed by 9am will be picked the same day and picked up by FedEx the following morning. Orders placed after 9am will ship one day later. If there is a specific need for quicker turn-around, please contact us and we'll see what we can do! We cannot guarantee any shipment or delivery date, however.
Colours, Put-ups, Quality Assurance
We do our best to show the colours of the product on the website, however, computer monitors, cameras, etc are known to show colour differently. Additionally, the nature of colour dyes is such that batches may not be identical. Although we make every effort to ensure that our colours are consistent between batches, we cannot guarantee it. If you are unsure of a colour, contact us to discuss and compare.
- We try to ensure that tulle, ribbon and elastic spools contain continuous material, however it is possible that some spools may be split due to manufacturing process. This is an accepted practice in the fabric industry, and although we do our best to avoid it, the wastage it would cause to guarantee there are no splices would more than double the cost of all of our products.
- Some of our products are cut by hand or machine, re-rolled to specific sizes, etc. Most of this process is automated, or machine-assisted. Although our machines and aids are calibrated to meet the sizes listed on the website, different factors including humidity, thickness of source material, tension, etc can cause slight variations from these measurements. This includes, but is not limited to, width, length, and stretch of our tulle, netting, ribbon, elastic and headbands. If a significant variance is found in your product, please let us know right away!
- We maintain a 99.9% or greater quality level, however any fabric mesh or netting has a risk of pulls or abnormal holes. Minor abnormalities, while uncommon, may happen. If a spool has significant problems, we will be happy to exchange it. Cost of return shipping is your responsibility. However, feel free to contact us and we can try to work out a suitable arrangement on a future order to minimize this shipping cost. You may be required to provide pictures or a sample of the defect to us to process a claim - Do not throw out the defective product until you are satisfied with the resolution!
Jurisdiction and Complaint Resolution
- In the unlikely event that things get way out of hand and those legal types get involved, you agree that any proceedings, notification, or other legal process will take place in Peterborough Ontario Canada and everything we do will be governed by the laws of Canada and the province of Ontario.
We maintain an abnormally high customer satisfaction and repeat order rate for a reason -- we will do what it takes to make you happy. If you have any concerns at any time, please give us a call directly at 888-398-8855 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org